An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend.
The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring and showed it to him.
The old man said, "I don´t think you understand, I want something very special."
At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. "Here´s a stunning ring at only $40,000", the jeweler said.
The young lady´s eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement.
The old man seeing this said, "We´ll take it."
The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated, by check. "I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I´ll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I´ll pick the ring up Monday afternoon," he said.
Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweler phoned the old man. "There´s no money in that account."
"I know", said the old man, "but can you imagine the weekend I had?"
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Current Hits
-
Albert Einstein is best mind known to human. He was the most Intellectual person ever. But still he had a funny side to him. Following are s...
-
NICKNAMES If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah. If Mike, Dave and John go out, they wi...
-
Ever wanted to annoy people around you , here are some useful tips for getting started. If paged, wait until midnight to answer the call. Co...
-
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have thei...
-
A local newspaper ran a competition asking for a rhyme with the most romantic first line... but the least romantic second line. Here are...
-
The average bed is home to over 6 billion dust mites. Just twenty seconds worth of fuel remained when Apollo 11's lunar module landed on...
-
A blind guy on a bar stool shouts to the bartender, "Hey! Wanna hear a blonde joke?" The bar immediately becomes absolutely quiet....
That I have to try when I come in the years :)
ReplyDelete