There were these two elderly people living in a Florida mobile home park. He was a widower and she a widow. They had known one another for a number of years.
Now, one evening there was a community supper in the big activity center. These two were at the same table, across from one another. As the meal went on, he made a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered up his courage to ask her, “Will you marry me?” After about six seconds of careful consideration, she answered. “Yes. Yes, I will.”
The meal ended and with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their respective places. Next morning, he was troubled. “Did she say yes or did she say no?” He couldn’t remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. No even a faint memory. With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her. First, he explained to her that he didn’t remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, he then inquired of her, “When I asked if you would marry me, did you say Yes or did you say No?”
He was delighted to hear her say, “Why, I said, Yes, yes I will and I meant it with all my heart.” Then she continued, “And I am so glad that you called, because I couldn’t remember who had asked me.”
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Current Hits
-
Albert Einstein is best mind known to human. He was the most Intellectual person ever. But still he had a funny side to him. Following are s...
-
NICKNAMES If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah. If Mike, Dave and John go out, they wi...
-
Ever wanted to annoy people around you , here are some useful tips for getting started. If paged, wait until midnight to answer the call. Co...
-
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have thei...
-
A local newspaper ran a competition asking for a rhyme with the most romantic first line... but the least romantic second line. Here are...
-
The average bed is home to over 6 billion dust mites. Just twenty seconds worth of fuel remained when Apollo 11's lunar module landed on...
-
A blind guy on a bar stool shouts to the bartender, "Hey! Wanna hear a blonde joke?" The bar immediately becomes absolutely quiet....
No comments:
Post a Comment